Effective from December 1, 2021
Welcome Hi.Ed Users:
1. Please read carefully
This policy describes our privacy practices – what Personal Information we collect about our Users, what we do with it, how we share it, and your rights regarding that Personal Information.
2. What ‘Personal Information’ do we collect?
2.1. User information:
To provide you the Services, we must collect Personal Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information you provide us, from your use of the Services, and from other sources. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
1. Information you provide us. When you login to our portal, use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g.. emails), you may provide us Personal Information, such as name, email address, phone number, payment information (for Users with Paid Services), information you include in your communications with us and with other users on our platform, and Personal Information contained in your profile.
2. Information we collect when you use the Services. When you visit, download, and/or use any of our Services, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc
3. Information we collect from other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as i) security providers , fraud detection and prevention providers for example to help us screen out users associated with fraud, ii) social media platforms, when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account, we may receive Personal Information from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Information) and in some cases, we may collect Personal Information from lead enhancement companies which help us to improve our service offering.
4. To provide our Services, we collect Personal Information about our Users.
The Personal Information comes from the licensed subscriber through an executed contract agreement.
2.2. Users of users ‘Personal Information’
We may also collect Personal Information pertaining to visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”), solely for and on our Users’ behalf (as further described in Section 6 below).
3. Why do we collect such ‘Personal Information’
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and operate the Services.
2. .To further develop, customize, expand, and improve our Services, based on Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties.
3. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support.
4. To be able to contact our Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 7 below);
5. To facilitate, sponsor, and offer certain contests, events, and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners, and grant prizes and benefits.
6. To analyze our performance and marketing activities.
7. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services.
8. To provide you with professional assistance , only upon your request.
9. To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities; and
10. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 3 where:
We use the Personal Information we collect about you to provide our services and make them better and safer.
We also collect and use Personal Information in order to contact Users and to comply with the laws applicable to us.
4. How we share your ‘Personal Information’
1. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that all Students or their Parent must execute a FERPA Consent before any information is sent to another institution. Subscriber also acknowledges and agrees that any entry of personal information for a Student under the age of 13 into the Hi.Ed software is governed by the Child Online Privacy Protection Act. Subscriber agrees to deliver to WEALA a copy of applicable Parent and Student Consent Forms executed by the Parent or Student before permitting any information to be entered into Hi.Ed software.
Third Party Service Providers: WEALA has partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate, and enhance our own.
We may share the Personal Information of our Users and Users-of-Users with various third parties, including certain service providers and law enforcement officials.
The Personal Information may be shared solely in accordance with this policy.
In connection with a change in corporate control: In addition, should WEALA or any of its affiliates undergo any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of substantially all of its assets, your Personal Information may be shared with the parties involved in such event.
5. Where do we store your ‘Personal Information’?
Users’ and Users-of-Users’ Personal Information may be stored in data centers located in the United States of America. We may use other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law.
WEALA’s data storage providers are contractually committed to protect and secure your data.
Among other things, WEALA will ensure that there is the adequate level of protection or that relevant Standard Contractual Clauses are in place.
6. Users-of-users’ ‘Personal Information’
WEALA may collect, store and process certain Personal Information of Users-of-Users (“Users-of-Users Information”), solely on our Users’ behalf and at their direction. For example, each of our Users is able to import their e-mail contacts from third-party services like Gmail, or otherwise collect and manage contacts via their User Website. Such contacts are then stored with WEALA, on the User’s behalf.
For such purposes, WEALA serves and shall be considered as a “Processor” and not as the “Controller” of such Users-of-Users Information.
The Users controlling and operating such User Websites shall be considered as the “Controllers” of such Users-of-Users Information and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such Users-of-Users Information, including all privacy and data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions.
You are responsible for the security, integrity and authorized usage of Personal Information about Users-of-Users’, and for obtaining consents, permissions and providing any required data subject rights and fair processing notices required for the collection and usage of such Personal Information.
WEALA cannot provide legal advice to Users or their Users-of-Users, however we do recommend that all Users publish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies on their User Websites in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations, and that all Users-of-Users carefully read those policies and make sure that they understand and, to the extent required by applicable law, consent to them.
If you are a visitor, user, or customer of any of our Users, please read the following: WEALA has no direct relationship with Users-of-Users whose Personal Information it processes. If you are a visitor, user, or customer of any of our Users, and would like to make any requests or queries regarding your Personal Information, please contact such User(s) directly. For example, if you wish to request to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Personal Information processed by WEALA on behalf of its Users, please direct your query to the relevant User (who is the “Controller” of such data). If WEALA is requested by our Users to remove any Users-of-Users’ Personal Information, we will respond to such requests in a timely manner upon verification and in accordance with applicable law.
WEALA may collect and process Personal Information regarding the users of our users.
We do this solely on our users’ behalf, and at their direction.
Our users are solely responsible for their users-of-users information, including for its legality, security, and integrity.
WEALA has no direct relationship with any of its users’ users. If you are a user-of-user, please contact the WEALA site owner directly.
7. Communications from WEALA
7.1. Promotional messages
We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by e-mail, text messages, notifications within our platform, marketing calls and similar forms of communication from WEALA or our partners (acting on WEALA’s behalf) through such means.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify WEALA at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
We may send you promotional messages and content.
You can easily opt-out of receiving promotional messages by contacting us or unsubscribing.
8. Your rights in relation to your ‘Personal Information’
WEALA believes that it is imperative that all WEALA users have control over their Personal Information. Therefore, depending on the way you use the WEALA Services, you may have the right to request access to, receive a copy of, update, amend or delete, port certain Personal Information to another service, restrict, or object to certain uses of your Personal Information (for example, for direct marketing purposes). Further, when we rely on your consent for processing of your Personal Information (for instance, for direct marketing) you can withdraw your consent at any time, and such withdrawal will take affect from thereon.
WEALA will not charge you more if you exercise any of these rights and will continue to provide you with the same level of service.
If you are a WEALA subscriber, you can access and correct a lot of your Personal Information directly through your account, or via online forms WEALA makes available to you (as detailed below). You can also exercise your rights by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your right request, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request to protect your privacy and security.
Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity and for security purposes. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law (e.g. if your request is unfounded or excessive).
You have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection (but we still recommend that you contact us first).
If you are a WEALA User, and you wish to receive a copy, access and/or request us to make corrections to the Personal Information that you have stored with us (either yours or your Users-of-Users’). We will make reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfil your request), subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
Please note that permanently deleting your WEALA account erases all of your Personal Information from WEALA’s databases. After completing this process, you can no longer use any of your WEALA’s Services, your account and all its data will be removed permanently, and WEALA will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact our support channels in the future, the system will not recognize your account and support agents will not be able to locate the deleted account.
When it comes to your Personal Information you stored with us, you have the right to: access, receive a copy of, update, amend or delete your Personal Information, enjoy data portability (in certain cases) restrict, or object to certain uses of your Personal Information, withdraw consent you’ve given us before to processing.
Just reach out to us by e-mail through our customer care team.
You may also correct and/or update your Personal Information through your user account, if you have one.
9. Questions and complaints
Our Data Protection Officer team will investigate the complaint and determine whether a breach has occurred and what action, if any, to take. We take every privacy complaint seriously and will make all reasonable efforts to resolve your complaint promptly and in accordance with applicable law.
10. Data retention
We may continue to retain your Personal Information after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our Users or their Users-of-Users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to Personal Information in our care.
We may keep your Personal Information for as long as your account is active, and longer as needed (for example, if we are legally obligated to keep it longer, or need it to protect our interests).
WEALA has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our Services. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and Third-Party Services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
Regardless of the measures and efforts taken by WEALA, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, your Users-of-Users’ Personal Information or any other information you upload, publish or otherwise share with WEALA or anyone else. We encourage you to set strong passwords for your User Account and User Website and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive Personal Information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm.
WEALA values the security of our customers' Personal Information, and we do everything in our power to protect it.
However, as we can’t guarantee absolute protection – we encourage you to be careful, set a strong password for your account, and avoid submitting any sensitive information which, if exposed, could cause you major harm.
12. Third-party websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services.
13. Updates and interpretation
14. Contacting us